TetriNET Bot Source Code Published on Github

A few years ago I wrote about a bot I built in high school to play an online multiplayer Tetris game called TetriNET. The tl;dr is that I got into TetriNET with some friends, built a bot to automate the play, and eventually entered my school’s science fair with it and wound up making it to internationals. As you can imagine, I was pretty cool in high school…

Anyway, when I wrote the post Github was just getting off the ground and it didn’t even occur to me at the time to open source the code there; instead I just zipped up the Visual Basic Project (go VB6!) and linked to it from the post.

Happily, I have gained a little bit more experience with Git and Github since then so I took some to clean up the code (converting CRLF line endings to LF, spaces to tabs, etc) and finally published it.

You can check it out here if you’re curious: https://github.com/mattm/tetrinet-bot.

On that note, this is pretty much exactly what I looked like while checking out out my old code so keep in mind it was a long time ago :)…

2 thoughts on “TetriNET Bot Source Code Published on Github

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s