We’re now accepting applications for a new Marketing Data Analyst position at Automattic that might interest some of you:
In this role you’d be helping us use data and analytics to guide the direction of our marketing efforts on WordPress.com.
Here’s the official description:
Automattic is looking for a data analyst to join the marketing team. You will distill data into actionable insights to guide our customer marketing and retention strategy as well as inform product development efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain standardized reporting on key metrics across the customer lifecycle.
- Develop customer segmentation models to inform tailored, multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to better understand customer behavior, needs, and individual test results.
- Partner with other analysts and developers to increase data accessibility across the organization.
- Design a process for prioritizing and communicating data requests and priorities.
- Are proficient in SQL and Excel.
- Have experience with web analytics platforms such as: Google Analytics, KISSmetrics, or Mixpanel.
- Have experience working with marketing teams to deliver analyses and answer business questions.
- Are able to communicate data in a way that is easy to understand and presents clear recommendations.
- Are highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers and creatives to discuss data, strategy and tests.
- Have excellent prioritization and communication skills.
- Ideally, have web development experience (though not required).
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. It’s not a requirement that you live in or relocate to the Bay Area to do this job.
If this sounds interesting to you (and how could it not?!?) there are instructions at the bottom of the job description about how to apply.
And if you have any questions about Automattic or this data analyst position, feel free to drop me an email: email@example.com.